上司希望你明白的24件事


1.不要寻找借口
1. Forget about excuses

上司都会关心为什么分配的工作没有完成,这很少有例外。因此及时完成工作是你的职责。
Forget rare exceptions no boss cares why an assignment wasn't done. It's your job to get it done and on time.

2. 不要苛求“完美”
2. Don't aim for perfection

及时把工作做好比做得"完美"重要得多。
Getting it done well and on time is much more important than doing it "Perfectly"

3.只做份内事是不够的
3. Carrying your share is not enough

上司看重那些不仅做份内事而且主动寻找、创造或要求更多实际工作的员工。
Bosses value people who do their job and look around for, create or ask for more real work.

4.自始至终完成工作
4. Follow Through

对分配给你的工作做到有始有终,不要等到别人特别是你的主管来提醒你。
Tie up the loose ends of your assignments. Don't wait to be reminded, particularly by a Supervisor.

5.预见到问题
5. Anticipate Problems

当你的工作有赖于他人的参与时,要核对他们的计划并确认他们理解你的要求。
When your responsibilities depend on input from others, check their plans and their understanding of what you're requesting.

6.坚韧乐观地面对难题
6. Be Resilient About Problems

发生别人无法预料到的失误是工作生涯中常见的事情。理解这一点就是你工作职责的一部分。
Part of carrying your responsibilities is understanding that unforeseeable failures by others are a routine part of work life.

当问题发生时,没有人怪罪于你,你也不能以运气不好作为借口。
When problems occur, no one is picking on you and you can't excuse it as bad luck.

7.别把问题留给你的上司
7. Don't Take Problems to your boss

如果你权力有限,在去见上司以前要准备好解决问题的方案。
If you lack the authority, come prepared with solutions when you broach the problem.

即使你的上司可能不采纳你的解决方案,也已经给他留下了这样的印象:你是解决问题而不是收集问题的人。
Even though your boss may not use your solutions, you've made an impression as a problem solver - not as a problem collector.

8. 出满勤
8. Attendance counts

从出勤情况可以很快看出,谁在努力工作,谁在寻找理由混日子。
People quickly become aware of who makes an effort to be there and who uses any excuse to miss a day.

9. 不要难字当头,喋喋不休
9. Don't be a squeaking wheel

不要让人见到你就觉得“又来了一个问题”。
Don't be seen as " Here comes a problem".

10. 不要嫉妒怀恨他人
10.Don't carry grudges

你不可能胜过所有的人,因此不要把每个问题都变成争斗,这样就会浪费你的精力,丧失你同事的善意和你上司的耐心。
You cannot win them all. So don't squander your energy, the goodwill of your allies, and the patience of your boss by turning every issue into a crusade.

11.慎重选择是否"开战"
11.Choose your battles carefully

扪心自问:这个问题到底有多大的重要性?是否值得你为此树敌?我有切实的获胜机会吗?
Ask yourself: how much difference the problem really makes. Is it worth making an enemy? Do I have a realistic chance of winning

12.直接与决策者打交道
12.Deal directly with the person who makes the decision 

可能与职权较小的人打交道不会使你那么紧张,但这会浪费你的时间和精力。
Dealing with people with less authority may be easier on your nerves, but you'll be wasting time and effort.

13.保持对问题的掌控
13. Keep control of problems

比如说你需要完成某些特殊工作,不要因为还未得到批准而停下来不做。
Let's say you need some special work done. Don't stop with getting approval.

因为如果这样,尽管是别人不配合,你却已给人留下无能的印象。
If the other person doesn't follow through, you're left looking inept.

14.学会"翻译"上司的话语
14. Learn to translate boss language

“如果这不是太麻烦的话”的意思是“做吧,而且越快越好”。
"If it's not too much trouble" means, "Do it, and the sooner the better".

15.了解公司的其他人在做什么
15. Learn what other people in the company are doing

16.与你的同事和睦相处
16.Get along with your co-workers

内斗意味着减产。对你的上司来说,如果你卷入内斗就已经错了。
Internal battles mean less production. To your boss, if you're involved, you're automatically wrong.

17.保护公司的名誉
17.Protect the company's reputation

不要在有陌生人能够无意中听到的场合谈论公司的事务和人员,即使在私下也不应当说。
Never discuss company business and people where strangers can overhear。 Even in private, be reticent.

18. 有时候要让别人胜出
18.Let others win sometimes

“这主意听起来不错。我们就这么做吧。”否则人们会讨厌你。
"Sounds like a good idea. We'll do it that way". If you don't, people will resent you.

19.学会选择时机
19.Learn Timing

培养你的耐心,等待一个适当时机的到来。
Develop the patience to wait for an appropriate occasion.

20.不要撒谎
20.Don't Lie

谎言会使问题变得更糟。如果你的谎言被拆穿,你将失去你的诚信。
Lying will make problems worse. If you're caught in a lie, you lose your credibility.

21.阅读本行业的书刊
21.Read your industry's publications

22.了解你的同行
22.Get to know your peers

23.永远不要假设别人在按你的标准做事
23.Never assume other people are operating from your standards

当你发现你自己在想“我决不会料到她会有这种行为”时,你要知道,你己经犯了一个错误, 就是把自己的想法套在了别人的行为上。
When you find yourself thinking"I never would have expected such behaviour from her", you know you've made the mistake of projecting your outlook on to others' behaviour.

24.运用常识和判断力
24.Use Commonsense

 

« 前页 | 首页 | 下页 »


评论:

发表一条评论:
  • HTML语法: 启用